Hello, beautiful. Let’s face it- moms have a lot on their plate. From keeping family life organized to running the kids around from here to there and everywhere in between, trying to keep it all together can make you a little crazy. Technology to the rescue. Always armed with our phones in our hands, we have a wealth of tools at our fingertips to help us get organized, find an awesome playground, and even help us keep fit. Here are 10 trusty apps to help you stay a little more sane- and if you need some wine for those extra “special” days, there’s an app for that too!
- Chore Monster– Your kids will actually want to do their chores with this app. Parents create a list of chores. Each chore gets a point value that the kids get to collect when they complete a chore. They save up their points to purchase rewards you create.
- Instacart– Grocery shopping has never been so easy. All you do is make a list and schedule a delivery time. That’s it. Someone else shops for you so you don’t have to worry about taking your energetic twins with you to the store and hear “Mommy, I want, I want, I want…” the whole time (well, that’s my story, but you get the idea).
- OurPact Parental Control & Family Locator– This app helps you monitor your kid’s screen time, texting, app usage, and locate your kids phone. This one is definitely a sign of the times.
- Playground Buddy– This app will help you find fun playgrounds for your kiddos.
- Trekaroo– This app will help you find family friendly fun close to home or when you’re traveling.
- Sit or Squat– “Mommy, I need to go potty!” Those dreaded words when you’re out and about with your little ones and it’s nearly impossible to find a clean restroom. This handy app helps you find public restrooms, rate their cleanliness, and see how others have rated them.
- Keepy– Do you have piles of your kids’ masterpieces and you just don’t know what to do with them? Well, this app helps you save them and share with family and friends.
- Shutterfly– This app saves, shares, and stores photos… and so much more. You can create birthday invites and Christmas cards as well as make use of Shutterfly ShareSites (Mila & Kaiya’s Girl Scout troop and old preschool use this).
- Sean Vigue Fitness– Hey Momma- don’t forget to take care of you! This is my go-to app for my favorite yoga/Pilates classes (see here & here).
- Vinino– Take the guess work out of selecting the perfect bottle of wine with this app… because sometimes mommy needs all the help she can get.
From phones to tablets, our devices have changed our lives so much that we are never without them by our side. The infinite number of apps available can help us out in so many ways we never knew we needed just a few years ago. Have you used any of the apps that I suggested here and what are your thoughts on them? I’d also love to hear about your favorite apps and how they make your life easier. Please share in the comments below and have a lovely day.