Happy Valentine’s Day, beautiful! There’s a lot of hype around Valentine’s Day and a lot of pressure to go above and beyond for those you love. We often run out of time to really make a plan for the ones we love. No need to worry. I have some sweet and simple ideas to make this day special for all the loves in your life.
Your Romantic Love
Finding a last minute reservation for Valentine’s dinner can be nearly impossible (not to mention over-hyped and over-priced). Have a romantic dinner at home with just the two of you. The beauty of this is that you can personalize it to what is romantic for you as a couple. Here are some ideas:
- Fancy- Get all dolled up in a sexy dress (click here, here, and here for some inspiration), prepare an elaborate meal, pop the champagne, and enjoy an elegant and romantic dinner in the privacy of your home.
- Tapas for Two- This is one of my favorite ways to do date night at home and can be quite simple to prepare. Create an eclectic spread by combining an assortment of appetizers (Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s have some great frozen options you can pop in the oven), cheese, fruit, bread, olives, an indulgent chocolate dessert, and a special bottle of wine.
- Home Delivery- Thanks to the various food delivery apps, you essentially have your Valentine’s dinner catered at your home by your fave local restaurants.
- Take it Outside- If the weather is nice, why not go for a picnic? Surprise your love with a lunchtime picnic or a romantic moonlit dinner under the stars. Not much prep time is needed for this one. Stop by your favorite local market and grab a few prepared food items, a bottle of wine (don’t forget the bottle opener!), and anything covered in chocolate and your ready for a special date with your love.
- PJs and a Movie- Cuddle up on the sofa with your bae and watch a romantic comedy. Add a drizzle of melted chocolate to your popcorn for a treat Cupid would drool over. Click here for an extensive list of some of my favorite rom coms.
Your Little Loves
My cherry blossoms own my heart, so it’s no surprise that I want to share some Valentine love with them too. My sweet Kaiya has been home from school this week because she’s sick, so I asked her what she would like to do for Valentine’s Day. Here are her ideas:
- Get Crafty- Kids love using their imaginations and doing arts and crafts. Stop by your local craft store and gather stickers, glitter, colored paper, markers, glue, and paint. Make homemade valentines for every family member and friends. Click here for another Valentine’s Day craft for kids.
- Dance Party- Turn up the tunes and dance the night away with your littles. Turn it up a notch and have a dance-off.
- Kid Chefs- Let the kiddos make dinner for the family. Whether it’s mac n cheese or peanut butter and jelly, your littles will take such pride in cooking for you.
- Chocolate Party- From chocolate fondue to chocolate ice cream (covered in hot fudge of course), the entire family can indulge in this chocolate covered fun.
- Hugs- Kaiya showed more enthusiasm over this one than all the others she listed- I think Olaf would agree! Who doesn’t love a good hug?!
Your Galentines Loves
Spending time with your fierce and loyal friends is a great way to spend your Valentine’s Day.
- Dinner Party- Invite your girlfriends over for an impromptu dinner party. No fuss or prep needed. Just ask everyone to bring a dish- homemade or store bought. Don’t forget the Champagne and St Germain!
- Girls Night Out- Although most restaurants will be catering to couples, your favorite wine bar would be a perfect night out with your gal pals.
No one is more deserving of your love (and probably the last in line) than you. You’re so busy taking care of everyone else, you probably forget about spoiling yourself. I indulged in the last 2 items on this list last weekend when I was home alone for an entire evening (courtesy of the Daddy Daughter Dance at school). Bliss.
- Day Spa- this might be a little tricky to get last minute reservations, however, a little pampering would be worth the trouble.
- At-home Spa- Can’t get that last minute reservation or would rather be in the comfort of your home? No worries. Queue your favorite playlist, add the bubbles to your bath, pour your wine, and relax the night away.
- Dinner and a Movie- Have your favorite meal from a local restaurant delivered to your doorstep courtesy of a meal delivery app and watch your favorite movie. I love this one because I rarely get to watch movies I love- my hubby doesn’t like my chick flicks and they’re inappropriate for my cherry blossoms’ little ears.
Do you have any other ideas for last minute Valentine’s Day plans? Please share, I’d love to know.
I get commission for clicks made through links in this post.