The perfect summer vacation doesn’t have to involve driving cross country, booking expensive hotels, lengthy itineraries, or spending a lot of money. You can have the perfect summer vacation by simply staying at home and having a staycation. An ideal staycation for me would include sleeping in, having a relaxing morning in my pjs, cuddling with my girls, reading a book, slowly sipping a cup of tea, and then heading out to enjoy a local park or attraction (one of our many natural springs would be a great way to cool off during this sweltering summer).
The foundation of a staycation is creating a luxury hotel feel in your own home. This is quite simple and doesn’t require too much planning. Here are some simple tips to create your very own boutique hotel inspired bedroom for a staycation state of mind everyday:
- Declutter- creating a clean and calm environment is essential rest and relaxation.
- Disconnect- leave computers, tablets, and phones in another room.
- Soft and luxurious bedding will transport you to the most exclusive resort (I love this affordable luxury bedding)
- Choose light and airy color- they are calming and fresh.
- Add flowers to the nightstand to add life to your room.
- Spray a little lavender linen spray on your pillow to induce the most blissful sleep
- Choose a great book to get lost in.
Have you ever taken a staycation? What do you do to relax and get away from it all without leaving your home? Please share, I’d love to know.
Special thanks to Allana Wesley White Photography for the lovely photos.