Happy Friday beautiful. Although school is back in session, there is still plenty of time to hit the beach for for a late summer getaway. From Mexico and St. Marteen to Sarasota and Miami, we spent much of our summer splashing in the surf. Summer trends come and go every year, however I’ve come to rely on a few beach basics to get me through our days at the beach. Keep reading for a few of my favorites.
- A solid swimsuit– There’s just something about the simplicity of a solid swimsuit that I go back to year after year. I love the variety of styles and colors J.Crew offers, as well as their quality. I’ve had the one featured in this post (and also seen here) for years and it is still going strong. The coral hue screams out summertime, never goes out of style, and looks amazing on pretty much every skin tone.
- A rash guard– Although not shown in this photo, I always have a rash guard in my beach bag. Spending the day in the sun can damage your skin and cause premature aging. A rash guard adds an extra layer of protection to your sunscreen.
- A chic beach bag– you need something to carry all of your fabulous beach accessories in, why not make it stylish and chic?! I look for a spacious bag to hold my beach necessities, as well as everything for my girls. When traveling, it also dubs as a purse and travel bag.
- A stylish beach coverup– A great coverup can take you from beach to bistro or even a night out on the town. The variety of coverups include caftans, tunics, sarongs, dresses, and wraps. Here I use a colorful J.Crew scarf as a sarong.
- Sunglasses– Sunnies are a fashionable way to protect your eyes year round. Although I love my Illesteva sunnies, I use a less expensive pair (this pair from Old Navynare mistaken for Chanel all the time) for sand, sea, and pool.
- A fashionable hat– I confess, I really don’t like wearing hats. I love the way they look, however I generally don’t find them comfortable to wear. In recent years, however, I’ve realized I really need them to protect my skin from the sun and they’ve become an essential part of my summer style. I love the pompoms on this blue and white plaid floppy hat- they add a pop of whimsy to this shade-casting beach essential.
From protecting your eyes with stylish sunnies to using a fabulous beach bag to carry all your beach gear, the right beach accessories not only elevate your summer style, but also provide protection from the sun- gotta love form and function all wrapped up in a fashionable piece! What are some of your favorite beach accessories. Please share, I’d love to know.
Shop the look: J.Crew bikini, scarf, & hat.
Special thanks to Allana Wesley White Photography for the lovely photos.