Hello beautiful. How many of you get into the dinnertime rut? Come on, a show of hands, please. I certainly do. I have about a dozen or so meals that are on constant rotation at Chez Mommy. It’s just easier that way. From grocery shopping to serving dinner, it’s like I’m on auto pilot every step of the way. Not only does that get boring for me, but also for the kids. That was until Kaiya asked if she could make her very own pizza for dinner. I thought that sounded fun. It also sounded like a lot to fit in after school amongst homework, dance practice, and bath time. Then I remembered I didn’t have to actually make the pizza dough or the sauce- I could buy them already made. An after school pizza party was the perfect remedy not only for the mundane weeknight dinner, but also for the the mid-week school slump. Everyone got to make their own pizza and top it with whatever they wanted. I even got to gross them out by creating one of my old favorites- pineapple pizza!
So, here’s the recipe for a school night pizza party:
- Store-bought pizza dough (I got 1 package of fresh whole wheat pizza dough from Whole Foods and split 4 ways- next time I’ll get 2 packages)
- Store-bought pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese (fresh, sliced, shredded- you choose)
- Variety of your favorite toppings- get creative and fun
- Flour- for rolling out pizza dough
- On a floured surface, roll out the pizza dough into individual pizzas
- Spoon on sauce
- Top with your favorite toppings
- Bake according to the dough instructions
- Enjoy and have fun!
It’s easy as that. We really had a blast doing this. Mila and Kaiya loved rolling out their own dough and decorating their very own pizzas. We had fun playing with the ingredients- at one time the girls were placing pepperoni on their faces pretending to be at the spa! So, there you have it- an entertaining way to enjoy dinner and spend quality family time together.